NL VaxPass at MAX
As of October 22, 2021, in accordance with Government of Newfoundland and Labrador guidelines, MAX will require a government approved proof of vaccination along with valid identification for access to our facilities and programs for people 18+, except for our After School and Child Care programs held at New Cove Road and Gingerbread House, including PD Days and Camps. Vaccination verification differs by program and each procedure is outlined below.
Prior to entering the fitness facility your NLVaxPass will be scanned by our customer care staff on the front desk. Your proof of vaccination will be added to your profile, and you will therefore NOT need to show proof of vaccination on every visit, we will however require a check in and time to verify your profile. Proof of vaccination is required to enter the fitness facility and members without proof of vaccination will not be able to use the gym or attend classes. Details on proof of vaccination procedures are outlined below.
For Arts programs such as Music Together and Theatre, all adults attending classes or staying with children will be required to have their NLVaxPass scanned by their arts teacher. This verification will be valid for the duration of the current registration and will not need to be done each class attended. If proof of vaccination is not provided and in good standing you will not be able to attend class or stay with children. Details on proof of vaccination procedures are outlined below.
Proof of vaccination IS NOT required for adults dropping off and picking up children for parties but IS REQUIRED for any adults wishing to attend the party.
- Adult Staying: Proof of vaccination scanning will be available at the third-floor desk or customer service desk 15-20 minutes prior to party start. If proof of vaccination is not provided and in good standing you will not be able to attend or stay with children.
- Adult Dropping Off & Picking Up: Children can be dropped off in main lobby and proceed to party on third floor on their own with pick up at end of party in the main lobby, or you can take them to the third-floor desk for drop-off 10-15 minutes prior to party start with pick up available in the final 10 minutes of the party. If entrance beyond the third-floor party desk is required, a proof of vaccination will be mandatory.
Details on proof of vaccination procedures are outlined below.
For STEAM programs such as Coding, Robotics, and STEAM 101, children are to be dropped off and picked up at the main entrance, with no verification required. Any adult who needs to stay with children will be required to have their NLVaxPass scanned by their STEAM teacher. This verification will be valid for the duration of the current registration and will not need to be done each class attended. If proof of vaccination is not provided and in good standing you will not be able to stay with children. Details on proof of vaccination procedures are outlined below.
AFTER SCHOOL & CAMPS
Children are to continue to be dropped off and picked up at the entrance to our After School facilities by contacting the appropriate After School staff for your location. For families of our New Cove Road location, you can enter the lobby for drop off and pick up without proof of vaccination required. If you need to enter the building beyond the lobby, proof of vaccination will be required by the front desk. For all other locations, the location itself will require proof of vaccination if you want to enter the building.
Details of proof of vaccination procedures are outlined below.
NLVaxPass SCANNING AT MAX
- Your NLVaxPass QR code* will be scanned by a MAX staff member using an iPad or iPhone equipped with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador NLVaxVerify App.
- Green Scans can avail of MAX facilities, programs, and services once ID has been verified (Step 2)
- Red Scans will be denied use of MAX facilities, programs, and services in accordance with Government of Newfoundland and Labrador regulations
- After verifying proof of vaccination, staff will also review identification. This must include your name and date of birth. For people ages 19 years and older, identification must include a photo. The name on the identification must match the name on the COVID-19 Vaccination Record QR code or other form of proof of vaccination. If it does not, MAX Staff will request a second piece of identification. If proof of identification cannot be provided entrance to MAX will be denied until approved identification can be shown.
*For non-residents of Newfoundland and Labrador proof of vaccination and valid identification is required from your home province, territory, or country, this can be provided electronically or as a paper copy. To avail of MAX facilities, programs, and services you must show:
- For the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccines, there must be two doses on the vaccination record at least 14 days prior to attending MAX.
- For the Janssen vaccine, there must be one dose on the vaccination record for at least 14 days prior to attending MAX.
- You are also considered fully vaccinated if you received one or two doses of a non-Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, followed by one dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), and at least two weeks has passed since the mRNA dose.
Under the proof of vaccination requirements issued by the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador we will not permit anyone who will not show proof of vaccination to remain on our premises.
We are grateful for your continued support of MAX as we continue to work hard to provide a safe and happy environment for you and your families. We ask that you please be kind and considerate with our staff as we work together to implement these mandatory procedures. If any employee feels threatened, they will avoid confrontation and contact 911 as per government recommendations. Thank you.
You can find information and support regarding NLVaxPass here: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/life-during-covid-19/vaccination-record/citizens/