COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
In accordance with the public health guidelines and regulations put forth by the Provincial Government, as well as NL Safe Schools Guidelines all 2020 MAX Programs will have modified produces and additional safety measures put in place. This includes reduced capacities, adjusted activities and curriculum, new cleaning procedures, social distancing measures, and more.
We have been busy putting into place all the necessary actions to ensure not only that we comply with all regulations, but go above and beyond to provide the safest possible environment for our MAX community.
What We’re Doing:Please see below some of the measures in effect to ensure a safe environment for all.
- Activities will be planned with social distancing taken into account
- No offsite visits to ensure safety
- Groups will receive individual activity kits that are not shareable
- Handwashing in between each activity
- Social distancing among the children and staff
- Groups are at proper ratios
- Group placements will be sent out prior to start date
- New contactless online forms to replace paper registration
- Compliance with building capacities in place
- New pick-up process
- Staff escorts for travelling within the building and for groups moving rooms
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of building, surfaces and belongings
Pick Up Procedures
- Information on marked waiting areas and other pick-up procedures are outlined in your Welcome Email.
- Ground markings for social distancing
- Sanitizer set up at both entrance and exit
- Screening process to enter the building, where applicable
- Clean and disinfect high touch areas 2-3 times daily these include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards and tablets.
What Hasn’t Changed:
- Structured, science-based programming
- Moderate to vigorous activities provided daily
- Social engagement and development within groups
- Large, open facilities to run and play
- Weather ready – with great indoor and outdoor spaces, fun is guaranteed no matter the weather
More information and specific details on these new procedures will be sent to you upon program registration.